Thursday, May 1, 2008

We're on Vacation

What I’m about to tell you will sound funny to those of you reading this blog sitting comfortably in your chairs, either in your living rooms or your offices back in the United States of America. You cannot understand how your mindset changes when you are on a cruise ship where the most stress you have in a day is deciding which dessert to choose (so perhaps you take two). You start to think and act differently when you listen all day long to reggae music and drink concoctions with little umbrellas in them. So, here goes: Bill and I are leaving momentarily to go take our country two-step dance lessons and we hope to be finished in time to take our merengue dance class. There. I’ve said it.

The sea is much more choppy than it has been previously. No seasickness so far for either Bill or me, I’m pleased to report. The captain told us yesterday (pretending he was speaking to us from the bridge, but I know he was speaking from the Schooner Bar) that there was a low front north of where we would be sailing and it might make things a bit rougher. Bill and I tried to go for a walk after Mass this morning, but gave up when the wind became too strong. I might try to fit in some time on the treadmill prior to our merengue class. Oh, wait. I have to fit lunch in there somewhere.

One thing I have noticed: you can recognize European men by a few clues: one, any man wearing capris is undoubtedly European; two, any man with seriously spiky blonde hair is undoubtedly German.

Off we go to learn to Texas Two Step.

No comments: