Friday, May 2, 2008

Quiet Day

Boy, was today a lazy day! Last night we stayed up for the midnight buffet. (By now, you know I’m not kidding.) It was quite a spread, with ice sculptures and an amazing array of food such as sandwiches, salads, and desserts. We actually didn’t eat a whole lot, but really wanted to see the spread and say we had visited the midnight buffet. Prior to that we had been at the country music extravaganza where we were able to show off our Texas Two Step. Dancing With the Stars should pay attention to us! (not)

Because we had stayed up until 12:30 (madness!), we slept in this morning until 9 o’clock. Those who know me will realize that is INSANELY late for me. We made it just in time for our rhumba class, at which we decided that dancing is not really our strongest point. Bill went upstairs to do some work, and I went to the “Eat More and Lose Weight” class. Blah blah blah.

This afternoon we mostly read. I did take some time out to walk two miles on the treadmill, but let me tell you that I really had to hang on because of the movement of the ship. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse, according to Captain Frank who was reporting to us from the bridge (wink).

We’re about to join our compatriots for dinner for the first time in a couple of days (we have been dining elsewhere the past couple of nights). Afterwards, we have tickets for the ice show. I’m not sure if that show will actually take place. I can barely walk on the ship, so I find it hard to believe that others will be able to skate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As an offspring of a Micek that can worry like no other: I'm worrying about you hitting an iceberg. Did you know the Titanic hit their berg in April? I'd advise you to quit spending so much time eating and stay alert! If you spot an ice sculpture in the water head to the Peek a Boo Bridge and alert the captain....or at least leave a note. Love from windy CO.